TuneJack Release NotesVersion 6.8
Released: August 7, 2015
- Updated to fix possible error when accessing track list on iPod touch, iPhones and iPads.
Released: March 24, 2015
- Updated to fix possible issue that could cause a copied song to repeat a few seconds of a random part of the song at the end of the song.
Released: February 6, 2015
- Updated to work with iTunes 12.1.
Released: December 23, 2014
- Updated the song transfer function to fix a possible problem when setting some track meta data (track title, album name, artist name, user rating, etc) after adding a track to iTunes. We found that in rare cases this track meta data wasn't getting properly set. This release resolves the issue.
Released: September 4, 2014
- Updated to fix possible error messages when reading song list from devices running iOS 8 or later.
Released: May 2, 2014
- Update to fix possible error messages when reading song list from devices running iOS 7.1.1 or later.
Released: November 8, 2013
- Updated to fix possible errors when accessing song data from devices when running iTunes 11.1.3 and later.
Released: April 30, 2013
- Additional updates to the playlist transfer plugin to resolve errors some people experienced when transferring playlists.
Released: March 18, 2013
- Updated the playlist transfer function to help resolve errors some people experienced during the playlist transfer phase.
Released: December 20, 2012
- Updated to work better with Windows 8 (no longer have to install .NET Framework 3.5).
Released: September 21, 2012
- Updated to fix error when used with iOS 6 devices.
Released: May 9, 2012
- Added "Super Rescue Tracks" feature. This means that TuneJack now can see all the tracks that the device itself sees. Even if iTunes no longer sees everything on the device, there is still a very good chance that you'll be able to recover all your songs from the device in any case. This feature is available with any device running iOS 5 or later (iPhones, iPads and iPod touches).
Released: April 3, 2012
- Updated to fix a few minor bugs.
Released: October 18, 2011
- Updated to work with devices running iOS 5.
- Updated to resolve possible errors that could occur when transferring ringtones from an iPhone to iTunes.
Released: April 25, 2011
- Added instructions on how to enable iPod "disk use".
Released: April 22, 2011
- Added support for playlist folders. In the past when transferring playlists, playlist folders would transfer over simply as a large playlist. With this version, playlist folders will be restored as playlist folders in iTunes.
Released: November 15, 2010
- Updated to resolve crash caused by changes in iTunes 10.1.
Released: March 31, 2010
- Updated to detect iPod touch and iPhone devices when using iTunes 9.1.
Released: November 9, 2009
- Removed need to "Run as Administrator" to detect some iPods.
Released: October 22, 2009
- Updated to fix problem that could cause some iPhones to not be detected correctly.
Released: September 22, 2009
- Updated to work with iTunes 9. In prior versions, iPhones and iPod touch devices would cause the application to generate errors if iTunes 9 was installed.
- Updated to work with the new iPod nano 5G (the one with the video camera).
Released: September 10, 2009
- We have changed the licensing system used by the application with this release. Old style license keys will still work but you may have to place a check in the checkbox on the license screen to use your old style license if you ever need to reinstall.
- Added a "Check for Updates" function off the Help menu. Selecting this opens a web page on the Purple Ghost website which will provide information regarding any available updates.
- The second step of TuneJack used to automatically temporarily disable iTunes from detecting iPods. This was done to prevent iTunes from erasing all the content from your iPod/iPhone before TuneJack had a chance to transfer the songs over. The way this was accomplished didn't always work for every situation. Apple has recently added the ability to do the same thing but from within iTunes directly. So, now, at this step, a window will open which describes how to do this from iTunes itself. This should be more reliable than the way it was being done before.
Released: July 31, 2009
- This update provides support for jail-broken iPhones and iPod touches running the new 3.0 firmware.
- A new "Support" menu item has been added under the Help menu that has several options. These are there to make it easier if you need support and we need you to send us some information. There is no need to run any of these options unless requested to do so by Purple Ghost Software support.
Released: June 29, 2009
- With the release of the prior version to work with the new iPod touch and iPhone 3.0 firmware, a bug was introduced that could cause errors when used with iPhones and iPod touches running old versions of the firmware. This update fixes this bug.
Released: June 25, 2009
- Updated to work with iPhone/iPod touch 3.0 firmware. iTunes started storing song information on the iPod touch and iPhone differently with the release of the 3.0 iPhone and iPod touch firmware. This resulted in this application not seeing tracks added to devices running the 3.0 firmware. This release contains updates to work with this new format.
Released: June 12, 2009
- Update to work with iTunes 8.2.
Released: September 9, 2008
- Update to work with iTunes 8.
Released: April 18, 2008
- This version has been updated to work better with non US-English versions of Windows. With prior releases, it could generate errors when trying to locate the file necessary to work with iPod touch and iPhone on non US-English Windows systems.
- This release allows it to work with jail-broken iPhones and iPod touches running 1.1.4 firmware. I would like to thank Lawrence Vanderpool for helping me figure this out. Thanks! :)
Released: March 14, 2008
- This version has been updated to support the new iTunes for 64-bit Windows Vista. Prior versions of iTunes were not compatible with Windows Vista 64-bit Edition.
Released: February 26, 2008
- The following fields are now also transferred with songs copied from an iPod to iTunes: start time, stop time, volume adjustment, remember playback position, and skip when shuffling.
Released: January 11, 2008
- Updated to work with the iPod touch and iPhone. This includes iPhones and iPod touches that have been jail-broken.
Released: July 5, 2007
- Apple changed things in iTunes 7.3 that caused TuneJack to not see the songs on the iPod. This version has been updated to work with iTunes 7.3.
Released: May 30, 2007
- This version adds support for the Play Counts file on the iPod. If play counts, user ratings and last played dates were changed on the iPod since the last sync with iTunes, this information is stored on the iPod in a Play Counts file. This version of TuneJack takes this information into account when transferring the songs from an iPod. Earlier versions would use the original information transferred to the iPod from iTunes during the prior sync.
- Also in this version TuneJack will no longer require iTunes to be installed. Prior versions wouldn't run unless iTunes was installed.
Released: March 19, 2007
- This version fixes a bug that could cause errors if transferring songs from an iPod that was synced with a version of iTunes prior to version 7.1.
Released: March 16, 2007
- This version has been updated to work properly with iTunes 7.1.
Released: December 18, 2006
- This version has been upgraded to use Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and is fully Windows Vista compatible.
Released: November 21, 2006
- This release changes the license scheme used.
Released: October 16, 2006
- This release adds support for iTunes 7.
Released: September 25, 2005
- This version has a fix in it to correct an issue on some iPods (found on some nanos) that could cause the application to generate an error reading "Unable to read beyond the end of stream."